George Goulding founded a successful business as music publisher and dealer in 1785, and operated from various addresses and with various partners the firm continued until 1866, although Goulding's name disappeared in about 1834 (he retired in 1847).
The style 'Goulding, D'Almaine & Potter and the Soho Square address date this handsome Regency piano to some time after 1812.
The principal maker of pianos for the firm (they also sold woodwinds) was the excellent George Dettmer, whose initials 'GWD' appear on the soundboard in characteristic style. This also indicates that the soundboard is original.
The piano was carefully restored by Christopher Barlow, and sold to the current owner in 1989 at an Early Music Exhibition in the Fairfeld Halls, Croydon. It has been well cared-for ever since, and is in playable order. One brass string is awaiting replacement; the new string is included.
This piano is in the Salisbury area; the price is £2,000
Please contact Robert Stiby email@example.com