Bates 1793 - Sold

'Bates & Co' was the first of several names to occupy the address at the corner of Edward Street and Wardour Street at the end of the eighteenth century.  The business was very soon taken over by Houston & Co.  This piano is number 108, the earliest of seven Bates pianos now known to us.  

This piano was restored by Jean Maurer about fifteen years ago, and now needs some routine adjustments.  

The piano has two handstops, for damper-lift and buff.

SOLD

8/19

Print Print | Sitemap
© David Hackett